Security Compliance Manager (SCM)
New! Version 4.0 of the Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool is now available for download! In addition to key features from the previous version, SCM 4.0 offers support for Windows 10 and Server 2016 baselines, and bug fixes. SCM enables you to quickly configure and manage computers and your private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
SCM 4.0 provides ready-to-deploy policies based on Microsoft Security Guide recommendations and industry best practices, allowing you to easily manage configuration drift, and address compliance requirements for Windows operating systems and Microsoft applications.
Visit the SCM Download Center page for more information including install instructions and system requirements.
Key features in SCM 4.0 include:
- Support for Windows Server 2016, and Windows 10 product baselines: Secure your environment with new baselines for the latest software releases
- Gold master support: Import and take advantage of your existing Group Policy
- Configure stand-alone machines: Deploy your configurations to non-domain joined computers using the GPO Pack feature.
- Updated security guidance: Take advantage of the deep security expertise and best practices in the updated security guides and the attack surface reference workbooks to help reduce the security risks that you consider to be the most important.
- Security Baseline Customization: Customizing, comparing, merging, and reviewing your baselines policy configurations just got easier. Use the customization capabilities of the Security Compliance Manager to duplicate any of the recommended baselines from Microsoft and quickly modify security settings to meet the standards of your organization’s environment.
- Multiple Export Capabilities: Export baselines in formats like Group Policy objects (GPOs), Desired Configuration Management (DCM) packs, or Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) to enable automation of deployment and monitoring baseline compliance.